Accreditations & Certifications
We understand that as a business you want to have confidence that your suppliers are providing the highest quality services and products whilst meeting all environmental expectations. The best way to do that is through accreditations through internationally recognised bodies such as ISO and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Chain of Custody.
At Lyreco we strive to go above and beyond expectations as a business solutions supplier. Through this we have achieved a number of accreditations which reflects our own commitment to the highest standards. This means that whether you’re working at a small family run business or a large corporate organisation, you can be confident that Lyreco are a reliable supplier that can be trusted to deliver to you.
Quality - ISO 9001: 2015
• Our ISO 9001 accreditation was first gained in 1993. It covers our quality management systems for all sites and the sale / distribution of workplace solutions.
• ISO 9001:2015 requires organisations to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products / services that meet customer and applicable statutory / regulatory requirements. In addition to enhancing customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system.
Environmental - ISO 14001:2015
• Our ISO 14001 was first gained in 1998.It covers our management systems for all sites and the sale / distribution of workplace solutions.
• ISO 14001:2015 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organisations can use to enhance environmental performance. ISO 14001:2015 is used by an organisations to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
Health and Safety - ISO 45001 / SSIP
• ISO 45001:2018 was gained in May 2020 by migrating our old OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation to the new standard. It covers our management systems for all sites and the sale / distribution of workplace solutions.
• ISO 45001 is an international standard, which sets out the requirements for occupational health and safety management good practice. Being ISO 45001
accredited means that we:
– Create the best possible working conditions.
– Identify hazards and put in place controls to manage them.
– Reduce workplace accidents and illness to cut related costs and downtime.
– Engage and motivate staff with better, safer working conditions.
– Demonstrate compliance to international standards.
• The Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) Limited forum is an umbrella organisation which facilitates and maximises mutual or cross recognition of Health & Safety assessments between SSIP Member Schemes.
Business Continuity - ISO 22301:2012
• ISO 22301 was gained in September 2019. It covers our management systems for all sites and the sale / distribution of workplace solutions.
• ISO 22301 specifies the requirements for a management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of, and ensure business’ recover from disruptive incidents. Being ISO 22301 means that we:
– Identify and manage current and future threats to our business
– Take a proactive approach to minimizing the impact of incidents
– Keep critical functions up and running during times of crises
– Minimize downtime during incidents and improve recovery time
– Demonstrate resilience to customers
Since January 2014, Lyreco have been assessing green products (products with environmental credentials) through ISO 14020 standard, which is at the highest level of the ISO Environmental Claims series. It is in line with the International Chamber of Commerce advertising practices, which give recommendations to prevent green washing. The assessment method has been approved by SGS* (the worldwide auditing company) who recognise it as “best in class” in terms of green claims checking.
FSC Chain of Custody® Certification
Our Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) Chain of Custody certification (COC) was gained in July 2014. It applies to Lyreco UK Ltd and Lyreco Ireland for the purchase, distribution and sale of FSC® 100%, FSC® Mix and FSC® Recycled stationery, consumables and office furniture using the Transfer system.
• FSC® is an international, non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world‘s forests. Wood is a renewable resource; when forests are well managed with consideration for the environment, the wildlife and the people who live and work in them.
• FSC® has developed a system of forest certification and product labelling that allows consumers to identify wood and wood-based products from these forests.
• FSC® COC certification, from forest to end user, ensures that FSC® materials and products have been checked at every stage of processing so that customers purchasing FSC® labelled products can be confident that they are genuinely FSC® certified.
• Lyreco is supporting the efforts of the European Commission to become the first distributor to test its own-brand products using the EU Product Environmental Footprint (EU PEF) methodology, a comparative evaluation to calculate the environmental footprint of products, taking into account each step of the product life cycle, from the manufacture of raw materials to the end of product life.
• Approved by the European Commission in April 2018, this methodology will create a single label to help consumers make their purchasing decisions based not only on price, but also on the ecological impact of products.
New York Declaration on Forests
• Lyreco joined 200 endorsers in September 2019 to strike back on deforestation and reduce CO2 emissions.
• In the framework of the UN Climate Summit, Lyreco signed the New York Declaration on Forests, being the 54th company to join.
• The New York Declaration on Forests is a voluntary partnership of governments, companies, indigenous communities, organisations and NGOs who strive to halve deforestation by 2020 and to end it by 2030. By joining the declaration, companies like Lyreco commit to creating responsible partnerships with forest countries and taking deforestation out of their supply chains, tipping the balance against forest disappearance.
• Best Companies are specialists in workplace engagement & employee engagement. Their engagement survey powers the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for list.
• Lyreco have been accessed and awarded The Ones to Watch accreditation, a special status awarded to organisations where workplace engagement shows promising signs for the future. Achieving Ones to Watch accreditation takes a BCI score of at least 600 and reflects organisations with ‘good’ levels of workplace engagement.
Ecovadis Platinum Standard
Lyreco are the platinum standard!
Lyreco has been awarded the platinum medal by Ecovadis, the world’s largest and most trusted independent provider of business sustainability ratings. The assessment covers the concrete actions and results achieved in the fields of environment, labor and human rights, sustainable procurement, and ethics. The Platinum medal is the highest level of recognition, and with this Platinum Medal, Lyreco ranks again in the top 1% of the 65,000 companies rated each year worldwide by Ecovadis.
Lyreco is proud to be a member of the British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF), the leading association for the Personal Protective Equipment Industry.
Set up in 1994, the Federation currently has some 160 members, ranging from manufacturers and distributors of safety products through to test houses, certification bodies and safety professionals. Membership is accommodated within a number of sector trade associations. The British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF) is the lead association for the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Directive and is recognised as a Competent Authority by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The BSIF has active links with many government departments and over 130 representative Trade Bodies. Today the BSIF is firmly established as the major independent voice of the British safety industry, helping to both influence legislation and provide industry in general with a source of authoritative information on a range of workplace safety issues, while representing the needs of its members. The Registered Safety Supplier Scheme (RSSS) is designed to ensure that end users are only supplied with compliant, effective PPE. Companies displaying the scheme’s logo have signed a binding declaration that the safety equipment they offer meets the appropriate standards, fully complies with the PPE regulations and is appropriately CE marked showing that members have gone beyond the basic requirements of product testing. With as many as 5,000 outlets promoting PPE and safety products, end users should expect the person they are buying PPE from to have entrenched knowledge in this area, providing them with exactly what they need. There is currently no capability requirement or qualifying criteria for an individual to sell such equipment in the UK. The Federation has created The Safe Supply Accreditation to meet this demand and to fundamentally raise industry standards. This qualification strengthens our position in selling and marketing PPE as it highlights we have real knowledge in this area.
The Sustainability School is for everybody working in the Construction, FM, Homes and Infrastructure sectors who work in England, Scotland and Wales. It is a collaboration between clients, contractors and first tier suppliers who want to build the skills of their supply chain.
The Sustainability School is an award winning industry wide collaboration, led by our Partners and Members whose Vision for the School is to be
“A world class collaboration to enable a sustainable built environment”.
Lyreco UK is a very active member of the school, with some case studies and having achieved gold membership status.
CHSA Accredited Distributor
Lyreco ara a CHSA Accredited Distributor ensuring that you can be certain that ‘what’s on the box is in the box’.
This represents our commitment to the highest standards in the distribution of hygiene and cleaning equipment. The CHSA has a number of schemes to check quality of suppliers including the ‘Soft Tissue Scheme’, ‘The Accreditation Scheme for Plastic Refuse Sacks’ and ‘Accreditation Scheme for Cotton Mops’. Each of these scheme accreditations confirm that every product is fit for purpose, the highest quality and in the right quantity that is listed in it’s packaging.
- The Soft Tissue Scheme is the only way to be certain the dimensions and count of every product within the scheme are as indicated on the label.
- The Accreditation Scheme for Plastic Refuse Sacks defined commonly used terms, which means buyers can be certain plastic sacks stamped with the Accreditation Scheme mark are fit for purpose and the dimensions and count are as indicated on the label.
- Members of our Accreditation Scheme for Cotton Mops guarantee the weight, absorbency and cotton content of their cotton mops.
To receive this accreditation Lyreco goes through a strict auditing process with a minimum of two audits each year. This gives our customers confidence that our standards are maintained.
Achilles registered supplier
Lyreco ara a fully qualified supplier on Achilles UVDB meaning that we are recognised as a tried and tested supplier known for high quality.
We currently have an additional certification for RISQS as a railway industry supplier.